How Can We Help?
You are here:
Print

Create/ Edit Rows

Rows are used to create structure in both pages & posts. If you are creating a page that is strictly text, using rows is unnecessary.

Add New Row

  1. Navigate to the page or post you would like to edit.
  2. Change your content area to “Page Builder”.
  3. Below the title field will be a new set of buttons reading “Add Widget”, “Add Row”, “Layouts”, “History”, and “Live Editor”. Click the button to “Add Row”.
  4. A popup will appear showing two columns automatically set to 50% each.
  5. Click “Insert” in the bottom right corner of the popup.

Adjust Number of Columns & Percentages

  1. Complete steps 1-3 in the Add New Row section.
  2. In top left corner of the new row popup you will notice an option to “Set Row Layout”. Type or use the up & down arrows to indicate the number of columns you would like in your row layout.
    • We do not suggest using more than four rows in a given layout. Too many rows can cause readability issues for your site visitors.
  3. Columns will automatically show as equal percentages. Let’s say you would like two columns in your layout but one column at 30% and the other 70%. Set your row layout to two and click on the first percentage shown. You will be able to start typing the first value (30). Click away to the white space below the columns and the second column will automatically adjust to the remaining value (70).
  4. Click “Insert” in the bottom right corner of the popup.

Once you have added your rows and adjusted your columns, you will be able to add widgets into these columns. Click publish when your new page is done.

Edit Existing Row

So you created a row but would like to make changes to it. How is this done?

  1. In the top right corner of each row, you will notice two icons: a wrench and two sets of arrows facing up & down. Hover over the wrench icon to see three additional options: “Edit Row”, “Duplicate Row”, and “Delete Row”.
  2. Click “Edit Row” to open the row popup.
  3. Adjust the column number and percentages as instructed in the Adjust Number of Columns & Percentages section of this article.

How to Move a Row

  1. In the top right corner of each row, you will notice two icons: a wrench and two sets of arrows facing up & down.
  2. Click and hold on the arrows while dragging it to its new location in your page’s design.

Delete Row

  1. In the top right corner of each row, you will notice two icons: a wrench and two sets of arrows facing up & down. Hover over the wrench icon to see three additional options: “Edit Row”, “Duplicate Row”, and “Delete Row”. Click “Delete Row”
  2. Clicking the option once will not delete the row as WordPress will ask you “Are you sure?”. This question will be displayed in the same space as the phrase “Delete Row” was previously located. Click the question if you would like to delete the row.
Previous Copy Page/Post Layout
Next Duplicating Areas of A Page/Post
Table of Contents