How Can We Help?
Add External Link to Menu
- Open the web page you would like to link to in a separate tab.
- Hover over “Appearance” located in the left menu on the back end of your WordPress site. Select “Menus” .
- The page header should read “Menus” with a preview of your menu displayed. Left of this preview will be a menu with the header “Add menu items” above it. Click custom links from the drop down options.
- Copy and paste the URL (web address) from step one.
- Example: http://www.facebook.com
- Fill in the link text field. When viewers click on your link text, they will be taken to the web address indicated in the URL section.
- In the case of our example, the link text should be Facebook, Social Media or some variation of that.
- Click “Add to Menu”. Read this article for more information or reorganizing your menu items.
- Save Menu when ready.